Crunchy Apple Custard
3 cups – Apple slices
3 tbsps – ChocoRICH Instant Custard Original
3 tbsps – Sugar
2 cups – Milk
2 tbsps – Brown sugar
- Combine the ChocoRICH Instant Custard Original and 2 tbsp of sugar along with 1 tbsp of milk in a deep bowl and mix well to a smooth
- Heat the remaining milk in a nonstick pan, add the prepared custard mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes or till the mixture thickens, while stirring continuously. Keep aside.
- Combine the apples and the remaining 1 tbsp of sugar along with ½ cup of water in non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2
to 3 minutes or till the apples turn soft.
- Spread evenly cooked apple slices in a baking dish and pour the prepared custard over the slices.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar on top and bake in a preheated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 15 minutes.
- Serve warm when the sugar topping is crisp.
1. Always keep stirring the custard while cooking as it tends to
stick to the vessel or form lumps.
2. You can use stewed peaches or pears instead of apples.